February 23 • 7pm Film: Chasing Heroin – PBS Frontline Documentary
A searing, two-hour investigation on places America’s heroin crisis in a fresh and provocative light — telling the stories of individual addicts, but also illuminating the epidemic’s years-in-the-making social context, deeply examining shifts in U.S. drug policy, and exploring what happens when addiction is treated like a public health issue, not a crime. Annie Colonna of Warwick Valley Prevention Coalition will host this event.
March 9 • 7pm Opioid Crisis—Panel Discussion
Families and local experts dealing with this health issue help us understand this growing crisis and what our community is doing about it. Facilitated by Beverly Braxton.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES COMMUNITY SERVICES OF ORANGE AND SULLIVAN COUNTY
– Dean Scher, PH.D. CEO of CCCSOS and
– Martin Colavito – Director of Prevention/Prevention Services
ROCKLAND COUNCIL ON ALCOHOLISM AND OTHER DRUG DEPENDENCE, INC.
– Ruth A. Bowles, Executive Director
President, Council on Addictions of New York State
ORANGE COUNTY ASST. DISTRICT
– Anthony Curti –Drug Court issues
ALCOHOLISM & DRUG ABUSE COUNCIL OF ORANGE COUNTY
– Lauren Savino,- Resources available to those with SUD (Substance Use Disorder) and their families.
– AnneMarie VanOrden – (Family Support Navigator) Availability of Narcan
REPRESENTATIVES FROM TOWN OF WARWICK POLICE DEPARTMENT.
FRIENDS OF RECOVERY (FOR NY)
– Matt Covall – Recovering addict
– PARENTS Administrator for St. Anthony Hospital, Anita Volpe
Administrator for Bon Secours Community Hospital, Sophie Crawford-Rosso
Outcomes of meeting: